Throughout the year, you have many occasions to buy and give greeting cards to others. Even if you’re the type of shopper who prefers to read through cards in-person, you’ll find the opportunity to buy them online convenient. Sometimes, you don’t have time to spare and want to purchase a greeting card at the same time that you buy a gift.
So, is there a special way to do so? What makes a greeting card so special? Is it better to buy several of one design, so you always have cards on hand when you need them? Or, should you buy a different card for every person and each occasion?
Ultimately, the choice is yours. This short guide teaches you all you need to know about selecting the perfect greeting cards for the important people in your life. It gives you expert tips that narrow your selection and help you find a message that conveys how you feel about the recipient of the card.
Choosing the Right Message for the Right Person at the Right Time
Greeting cards range in size, shape, color, and even texture. Some are printed on lightweight cardstock, while others consist of thicker paper. Many cards are glossy and embellished with glitter while others are matte and more subdued in appearance.
You’ll find that there are as many unique cards as there are unique people. That’s what makes selecting just one so hard! Fortunately, we’ve been where you are and had to make the same type of decision to make many times. That’s why we felt it was very important to share our experience with you.
Here are some tips that will help you pick out the perfect greeting card:
- Think about the person you’re giving it to. Consider their age, gender, and relationship to you. That way, you’re sure to pick something personal and meaningful. You’ll also want to think about the occasion. What message seems, right?
- Decide whether the card will be sentimental, humorous, or a combination of both. The person that you’re buying a card for has personality. Think of the qualities that make them special and then choose a card based on how you think they’d respond to it. If you can picture them laughing out loud or tearing up because of the card you’ve given them, you’re evoking the right emotional response.
- Determine if you’ll mail the card or hand-deliver it. You may not get to see the person for a while. It only makes sense to mail it to them. Keep in mind that oversized envelopes cost more postage. Odd-shaped cards such as cut-outs may also take more than one stamp.
- Read through some of the messages included in the descriptions to help finalize your choice. Pay close attention to the words on the exterior and interior of the card. Are they something you’d say if given a chance? If they are, you’ve found the perfect card!
- Purchase your card and give it to the person it was intended for. Place it in your shopping cart and check out. Wait for the cards to arrive at your home. Then write a personal message on the inside, address the outside with the person’s name (and mailing address, if sending it), and wait for their reaction.
Now you know what constitutes the best greeting card options available for you to buy. Selecting one for the occasion will be much easier for you to do now. You won’t spend hours searching for the right message or the perfect artwork.
Don’t Be Afraid to Express Yourself with a Personal Sentiment
Greeting cards are an expression of love. Picking out the right card for the right occasion takes some practice. Apply the tips listed above to make the process easier for yourself. You’ll then be able to share the right sentiment with your family, friends, and co-workers at the right time.